Coaching for PhDs
Do you find yourself asking the following questions?
- I am thinking about my research all the time. How can I remain productive while improving my work-life balance?
- I’ve always wanted to be a scientist, but now that I started/almost finished my PhD, I’m not sure if I should continue my academic career… And if so, how?
- I feel stressed and left alone on my PhD project. How can I find back control and pleasure in conducting my scientific work whilst dealing with time pressure of finishing the thesis in time?
These, and related questions that may come up during your time as a PhD, are valid and relevant. I think you are very well able to find the answers yourself, but sometimes you might find it helpful to have an external sounding board to accelerate the process. A coach might help you better understand your situation, make deliberate choices and act accordingly so that you can continue what you like to do in an inspired and effective way.
Coaching is available for PhDs in all stages of their project, from all universities.
Writing support sessions
Would you like to spend some time writing your paper/dissertation away from any distraction? I will facilitate a writing week for PhDs from 20 to 27 April. More information about this week can be found here.
Coaching for mindfulness
Would you like to explore…
- If mindfulness could benefit your (mental) health, quality of life or how to reach your full potential?
- How to integrate what you learned on the meditation pillow into your daily life?
The quality of mindfulness can be defined as paying attention on purpose, non-judgmentally to the present moment (Jon Kabat-Zinn). Meditation may not only facilitate deeper understanding of one’s mind, but importantly, it may also help knowing more about your emotions, bodily sensations and how they work together.
Mindfulness coaching is available for academics and non-academics, with and without prior meditation experience.
Interested? Feel warmly invited to read more about the practical aspects of coaching below or to contact me if you have any other questions.
If your are interested in my coaching, we will schedule an introductory session. During this session, we will get to know each other a bit better, decide which question(s) you would like to address and if we wish to continue working together. This first session will last 30 minutes and is free of charge. It can be scheduled immediately as there are no waiting lists.
The following coaching sessions last 60 minutes, cost 60 euros and can be scheduled flexibly. We will determine together if the sessions will take place face-to-face, via phone or via Skype. The number of sessions and their frequency will be tailored to your individual needs. To give you an indication on how many sessions are needed, generally, a coaching trajectory takes approximately 8 sessions.
You can find practical information on the writing week for PhDs that I facilitate here.
Coaching can take place in Dutch or in English.